Wanted: Grappling Partners... no, really.
Wanted: Grappling Partner
- BJJ, Wrestling, Judo, Sambo, Catch Wrestling all okay
- Must be interesting in actually getting better
- Must wash your ****ing gi and/or rash guards
The Following Need Not Apply:
- White belts that are spazzes
- Blue belts that know it all
- Purple belts that act like they are letting you win once you establish that you are dominating
- Brown belts that give unsolicited "tips" while you are rolling
- People that can't stop talking about ****ing politics!
Now that I've ostricized about 99% of the grappling community, is there anyone out there that is still serious about training?
Listen, I get it. We all have our bad days. The days when we walk into the gym and nothing has been going write. Your job sucks. Your boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/husband/other is being a pain in the ass. I get it. Life happens.
But life doesn't always suck, so you shouldn't either.
Stop sitting back and trying to chat about some innane MMA match after we have only repped a move three times.
Stop stalling for three minutes of a five minute round.
I know that I will never win the ADCC Championships, but don't burst my bubble. At least let me train like I will be there some day.
I want to be better. Why don't you?
How can you complain about how expensive BJJ costs then sit around talking instead of training?
If you want to chat before class. Fine.
Want to grab a beer afterward? Cool (studies even show it is good for recovery).
Want to act like you have better places to be? Save me the time. Be there instead.
Now, if you will excuse me, if you haven't noticed, it's been a bad day. It's Miller Time. And I want a taco. There aren't any places around here that make tacos, so Taco Bell will have to do.